We often hear the saying “The grass always looks greener on the opposite side of the fence”. However, there are a few case in which the green looks equally green or colorless on either side of the fence. You may be the proud to be, mommy or aunt, who is planning the baby shower for the too be baby’s near and dear ones, or the near and dear one’s themselves who have to choose a gift for the to be wonder. The good news is there is a way to make either of the two, happen!
When planning a baby shower here are some interesting quick tips to keep in mind:
- Since we live in India knowing the baby’s sex before the birth, isn’t a possibility- capitalize on it. Here is how you can do that:
- The decor can be a mix of pink and blue, since blue is known to be the boy’s color and pink is definitely a girl’s color.
- The mommy to be could be dressed in either of the two colors, to give her vote on
- A game or two can revolve around this, such as choosing team blue or team pink, listing maximum baby girl or boy names with a particular alphabet depending on the team one belongs to. The list can go on.
- When making a list of guests make sure, to make notes of people who don’t have friends in the crowd and to give more attention to such individuals.
For those who are on the other side of the fence and are wondering about the gift, there is a way for you as well. We all want to give the to be baby a gift that is the best in its own way. However there are a few dilemmas we face, such as: Will the to be baby be a girl or a boy (especially if we are planning to buy clothes and shoes), What are the gifts that the other guests will be bringing, as we wouldn’t want to give the same things. Last but not the least will the parents like the gift, because we do want the gift to come to a good use, after all gifts represent our feelings, and emotions and are a silent request to be included in the joy.
Here there are some tips to make gifting easy and to address each of your worries:
Communicate with the to be parents: It would be nice to get to know what they require for the baby and if they have a preference in the color etc. You can accordingly plan your purchase.
Shop with the BFF: Shop for the gift with the to be mommy or daddy’s best friend, chances are they would have a good idea of what they like and require.
Neutral gifts: When buying gifts for a to be baby, buy neutral gifts something a baby boy and baby girl both would be able to utilize.
Gift voucher: Gift the parents a gift voucher, of a gifting website or a baby specialty store for the parents to buy things they really require. A web purchase will however add to their convenience as they already will have their hands full soon, they may not have the time to go shopping.
One thing that can bridge the gap for everyone would be if the parents to be can prepare a list of required things, similar to a gifting registry and guests can choose to buy from that. An aunt to be can be responsible for coordinating the gifts and list. Everyone is happy and everything is being utilized well! Like it is said, where there is a will there is a way!