Welcome to the 7th day of the Valentine Week #KissDay, which is celebrated on 13th February! A kiss is a way to express your love to someone, whether your friend or lover or your parents. Different types of kisses have different meanings depending on the way it is planted and to whom. It can be a fascinating experience of life as it establishes a special connection with the other person. Each one of you must have been kissed at some moment of your life – it could have been an affectionate kiss of your parents or a gentle kiss of a friend or a lover’s passionate kiss. So there are different types of kisses and their meanings differ respectively.
Each kiss has its particular meaning and there is a difference between kiss & smooch! Depending on the way you feel for the other person, you can choose your type of kiss.
Following are the contents of this post:
- 20 Different types of kisses and their meanings
- A small lip kiss photo gallery
- Difference between kiss and smooch
So let’s start with the guide to different types of kisses and their meanings.
Different types of kisses and their meanings
|Type of Kiss||Meaning of the Kiss|
|Forehead Kiss||Kiss on the forehead|
|Eskimo Kiss||Rubbing of the nose against the loved one|
|Hand Kiss||Kiss on the back side of the palm|
|French Kiss||Also known as tongue kissing|
|Single-Lip Kiss||Hold one lip of your partner and suck it gently|
|Earlobe Kiss||Moving your lips up and down on the earlobe|
|Butterfly Kiss||Be so close to someone that the other person’s eyelashes touch with yours|
|Upside-Down Kiss||Your lower lip kisses your partner’s upper one, aka Spiderman Kiss|
|Lingering Lip Kiss||Long kiss involving only lips with no involvement of tongue|
|Cheek Kiss or Peck||A tiny kiss either on the cheek or on the lips|
|Lip-Gloss Kiss||Apply flavored lip gloss on your lips and rub it against your partner’s lips|
|Secret Message Kiss||It is a French kiss that involves passing out a secret message while kissing|
|Lizard Kiss||Tongue moves in and out of the mouth of partner|
|Air Kiss||Traditional kiss to greet someone|
|Angel Kiss||Tender kiss on the eyelids|
|Biting Kiss||It involves soft grabbing of your partner’s tongue|
|Neck Kiss||Kiss is planted on the lover’s neck to show intimacy|
|Vampire Kiss||Involves both biting and sucking|
|Jawline Kiss||Kissing on the lower side of your partner’s jaw|
|Teaser Kiss||Kiss begins with the forehead moving down to the lips and finally hands|
- The Forehead Kiss – The kiss on the forehead is the way to express your admiration for the other person. Generally, the kiss is considered to be that of friendship or a starter kiss. But depending on the way the kiss is made, it can be an expression of love.
- The Eskimo Kiss – As the name suggests, the foundation of this kiss lies with the Eskimo. An Eskimo kiss is a way of showing affection between parents and children. The kiss involves the rubbing of the nose against the loved one.
- The Hand Kiss – This type of kiss is made when you want to express respect and admiration for someone. In this type of a kiss, you gently take the hand of the other person, hold it with your fingers and kiss on the back side of the palm.
- The French Kiss – Popular among the couples, the French kiss is the most romantic of all the different types of kisses. A lot of tongue movement is involved in this, and therefore, it is also known as tongue kissing. To master the French kiss can take years.
- The Single-Lip Kiss – In this type of a kiss, you take hold of one of the lips of your partner and suck it gently by holding it between your lips. It is a great indication for romance to your partner.
- The Earlobe Kiss – The name itself suggests that it is a kiss on your partner’s earlobe. It involves moving your lips up and down on the earlobe. If you want to be more passionate, you can also use your tongue during the earlobe kiss.
- The Butterfly Kiss – Done mostly for fun, the butterfly kiss is called so because in it the eyelashes blink as fast as the wings of a butterfly. In this type of a kiss, you are so close to someone that the other person’s eyelashes touch with yours.
- The Upside-Down Kiss – Having its origin in the movie Spiderman, this kiss is also known as the Spiderman kiss. In this type of a kiss, you kiss your partner by going upside down like a superhero. So your lower lip kisses your partner’s upper one and vice versa.
- Lingering Lip Kiss – A long kiss involving only lips with no involvement of tongue. Filled with lots of passion it expresses profound love for your lover.
- The Cheek Kiss or Peck – It is a tiny kiss either on the cheek or on the lips. It is a friendly gesture used to welcome someone or say goodbye.
- The Lip-Gloss Kiss – You can try this type of kiss when you want to have some fun with your partner. Apply some flavored lip gloss on your lips and then rub it against your partner’s lips till all the gloss is transferred to his lips.
- Secret Message Kiss – Want to give a secret message to your partner? Try the Secret Message Kiss. Essentially it is a French kiss that involves passing out a secret message while kissing.
- The Lizard Kiss – Just like the Butterfly kiss, the Lizard Kiss is also done for fun. In this type of a kiss, the tongue moves in and out of the mouth of partner as fast as that of the lizard.
- The Air Kiss – It is the most traditional kiss to greet someone wherein you bring your cheeks near to the other person’s and produces the sound of a kiss. There is no physical touch involved in this kiss.
- The Angel Kiss – The best way to show your affection to your lover is by the Angel kiss. It is a tender kiss on the eyelids used mostly to wake up your partner.
- The Biting Kiss – It is similar to the French kiss only with one difference. While in French kiss only tongue is used, in the Biting kiss teeth are also used. It involves the soft grabbing of your partner’s tongue.
- The Neck Kiss – The name itself is suggestive. The kiss is planted on the lover’s neck to show intimacy. It takes time to get perfect with the neck kiss as it involves the use of lips only without sucking it hard.
- The Vampire Kiss – A deep kiss on your lover’s neck which involves both biting and sucking.
- The Jawline Kiss – Usually performed between people who are very close to each other, the Jawline Kiss means kissing on the lower side of your partner’s jaw. Try this kiss after the French Kiss.
- The Teaser Kiss – The teaser kiss is the best kiss to turn on your lover. Seen mostly in the movies, the kiss begins with the forehead moving down to the lips and finally hands.
With so many different types of kisses, kissing can be fun. Just find out the type of kiss you enjoy the most with your partner. What is the next kind to kiss is a smooch! Is there any difference between kiss and smooch?
What is the difference between kiss and smooch?
A kiss is a way to express your love and show affection to people close to you. Depending on your relationship, a kiss can be planted on any part of the body. Smooch, on the other hand, expresses your desire to get intimate with your lover. It is only shared with a person with whom you are in a relationship. It involves only lip kissing and takes a longer time than a kiss. It can be both gentle and wild. Just like a French Kiss, it involves interlocking of lips and is quite exciting for the lovers.
Another difference between kiss and smooch is that the kiss can be neutral with no romantic inclinations. But a smooch is always romantically inclined and can be a way to express sexual thoughts. In short, a kiss is universal, but a smooch is particular.
A small – lip kiss photo gallery
Now that we know a lot about different types of kisses and their meaning, and the difference between kiss and smooch, let us share small, lip kiss photo gallery with you. Herein our lip kiss photo gallery, we have shared the regular kiss wallpapers, and pictures of a kiss, which you can share with your valentine. We hope you will like the pictures of kissing in our lip kiss photo gallery:
To end the post, we hope you liked reading our post which started from 20 Different types of Kisses and their meanings, went ahead with the explanation of difference between kiss and smooch and ended with a small, lip kiss photo gallery!